We've prolly got some of thoes in guest River.
A fearsome fish has started killing people after feeding on human corpses, scientists fear.
They reckon that a huge type of catfish, called a goonch, may have developed a taste for flesh in an Indian river where bodies are dumped after funerals.
Locals have believed for years that a mysterious monster lurks in the water. But they think it has moved on from scavenging to snatching unwary bathers who venture into the Great Kali, which flows along the India-Nepal border.
The extraordinary creature has been investigated by biologist Jeremy Wade for a TV documentary to be shown in Britain.
"The locals have told me of a theory that this monster has grown extra large on a diet of partially burnt corpses,"? Wade said. "It has perhaps got this taste for flesh by feasting on remains of funeral pyres. There will be a few freak individuals that grow bigger than the other ones and if you throw in extra food, they will grow even bigger."?
Wade discounted theories that crocodiles could be responsible for the carnage before turning his attention to goonches "? among the world's biggest freshwater fish.
He caught one which tipped the scales at 161 lbs and was nearly 6 feet long "? a world record weight and far bigger than any landed before.
"If that got hold of you, there'd be no getting away,"? he said
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,435061,00.html
We've prolly got some of thoes in guest River.
[img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A fearsome fish has started killing people after feeding on human corpses, scientists fear.
They reckon that a huge type of catfish, called a goonch, may have developed a taste for flesh in an Indian river where bodies are dumped after funerals.
Locals have believed for years that a mysterious monster lurks in the water. But they think it has moved on from scavenging to snatching unwary bathers who venture into the Great Kali, which flows along the India-Nepal border.
The extraordinary creature has been investigated by biologist Jeremy Wade for a TV documentary to be shown in Britain.
"The locals have told me of a theory that this monster has grown extra large on a diet of partially burnt corpses,"? Wade said. "It has perhaps got this taste for flesh by feasting on remains of funeral pyres. There will be a few freak individuals that grow bigger than the other ones and if you throw in extra food, they will grow even bigger."?
Wade discounted theories that crocodiles could be responsible for the carnage before turning his attention to goonches "? among the world's biggest freshwater fish.
He caught one which tipped the scales at 161 lbs and was nearly 6 feet long "? a world record weight and far bigger than any landed before.
"If that got hold of you, there'd be no getting away,"? he said
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,435061,00.html </div></div>
I need a confirmation from MSNBC before I believe it!
I figured you'd automatically accept it to be absolute truth, coming from Fox and all.
I hope MonsterQuest does a show on this, Im addicted to that show
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured you'd automatically accept it to be absolute truth, coming from Fox and all. </div></div>
No, to be absolute truth, Couric, Matthews, or a similar nonthinking journalist must put their seal of approval on it first. I mean, afterall, we must first hear from the gods of truth! lol
When did Couric go to MSNBC? I think you should start your own news station since you only know truth and nothing else.
Didn't say she did. Just made a comment about 2 of the many talking liberal heads on TV.
Well does O'reilly know what he is talking about?
On some things, some things he doesn't - just my opinion. Or a more truthful assessment is this - some things I agree with, some things I don't. I have the nerve to consider what an individual says, and judge it to be right or wrong. Just because Bill says it doesn't make it gospel. I don't get mad, offended, etc. when a talking head says something I don't agree with. But I do consider it. Ultimately, others' opinions are viewed through our glasses, which are - right or wrong - determined by our preconceived notions, our experiences, etc. The key is to be open to change - the drawback is that as we grow older, due to life's experiences, we avail more truth - real or conceived - and become what is commonly seen as "set in our ways". See what you have to look forward to? lol
Bookmarks